Followers

Thursday 24 August 2017

Birthday Floral

Hi Everyone,


An early share for me today as I have been awake since 3am again, I have another card using one of the DSB 'Large Brush Script' sentiments. I really do love these they are so useful.


I made this card with a challenge in mind The Flower Challenge - Focus on Background Stamping after seeing Cara's lovely card on her blog.
I used one of Hobbycrafts bargain 50p single stamps to stamp the large flower, I picked up a few of the 50p stamps when I was in Hobbycraft at Christmas but I was a bit dubious if they would stamp well for that price. This is the first one I have tried and I have to say it stamped beautifully, I used 3 different Versacolor cubes unfortunately the lighter pink isn't showing up very well in the photo :(
I used a flower from an old magazine freebie set for the tiny flower which I stamped to fill in the gaps.
I matted the panel onto black card then printed the sentiment to size and cut it out using one of the Labels One Spellbinders die set, matting that onto a black label shape the next size up.
I resisted the urge to add pearls as it is one for the 'flat' box at slimming club.

I am also entering this into the DigiStamp Boutique August customer Challenge
That's all for now, Thank you for all of your lovely comments on my blog I appreciate every single one so much,

Hugs Kaz xxx

7 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Gosh what a bargain those stamps were Karen there isn't much you can get for 50p these days especially such good quality, they look gorgeous and are the perfect background for the fabulous large sentiment
hugs
lorraine x

Cara said...

Thanks for your kind words. This card looks beautiful and I can see the pale pink flowers. You definitely got a bargain with that stamp x

Jenny L said...

Hi Karen,
sounds like you do lot of creating at night.
I too am a night crafter when sleep eludes me beacause of my RLS.
My current Rudolf card I made in the middle of the night.
Love your wonderful card, and wasn't that stamp a bargain.
Brilliantly created.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cotnob said...

This is so pretty Kaz, I love the brush script sentiment and you have created a lovely background - a super card.
Have a lovely weekend.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sally H said...

simply beautiful! A gorgeous CAS card. I picked up one of those bargain stamps too - they are good for the price aren't they?

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

You've done a marvellous job with those inexpensive stamps Kaz and made one beautiful card! Love that big font too! Have a great week my friend! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Lisa xx said...

Wow you are an early bird! This is beautiful Karen, the flowers stamping looks so pretty xx