Followers

Thursday 22 June 2017

Vintage Bicycle

Hi Everyone,

Well 3 days in a row....woohoo, I'm really enjoying having something to show you and I have even been managing to catch up on some commenting on your lovely blogs too.

I was asked to make an assortment of 'flat' cards for my box at my friend's slimming club, the card I am sharing today is one of those. I have quite a few more to show you over the next few weeks but I will mix them up with some more embellished ones so it doesn't become samey (I dont think thats even a word is it Lol)

So on this card I used my Joanna Sheen Vintage Bicycle


I used paper from Dovecraft 'Back to Basics' pad, Xcut punch for the little butterflies and a Woodware punch for the tiny flowers. I added teeny pearls to the flowers and butterflies.
The sentiment is from a CB set - Sugar and Spice and you can't tell from the pic but I embossed the sentiment with clear powder.

Be back soon and thank you for looking and your lovely comments,

Hugs, Kaz xxx


5 comments:

Barb said...

Your card really is so pretty Karen. I love the colours and the little pearls look lovely. Barbxx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

LOVE all those pretty little flowers spilling out of the bicycle basket Karen! Such a sweet card! Have a great day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Jules said...

Hi Kaz

A great card .. .. love the image and the cascading flowers. Flat cards always seem more challenging don't you think? .. .. just like men cards LOL!!

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I too bought a small cricut half price from a local craft shop when it was closing down, many, many years ago. I have done quite a bit with it Christmas card wise, but as you say the mats never seem to last very long.

I don't know if you catch C&C ever but Mel was showing how to make the cutting mats sticky again using a Stencil Glue from Pinflair. You only need a tiny amount of glue applied with a damp sponge. Not something you can keep doing and doing, but at least it gives them extra life.

Mine is still nice and sticky .. .. even after doing all that cutting yesterday.

I know it was a big investment but I think it will be worth its weight in gold once I get my head around everything.

Hope you are keeping well.

Love Jules xx

Cara said...

Aww, this is so pretty, the butterflies are the perfect finishing touch X

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Love this card, great design and I use the word samey